Hi y'all! Thank you SO much for stopping by my little teaching blog. I hope you found something you can take back to your classroom. :) Since you're here, you must want to know a little more about me, so let's get started!
I'm a twenty something 5th grade teacher in a small town in Alabama, which just so happens to be the school I attended for 13 years. I love teaching at my home school, although it does take some getting use to the fact that many of my co workers are my former teachers!
I've taught 5th grade reading for two years. Before that, I was a first grade teacher for 4 years. Although I loved teaching such a young grade, I have found my calling in the older grades. And the fact that I get to teach reading all day just makes it that much better!
My first class I ever taught turned out to be my first class of 5th graders! They hold a special place in my heart. :)
This past summer, I purchased my first house!
Don't judge the hair..it was very humid that day! And that yucky brown porch has now been painted a crisp, fresh white!
I'm currently enjoying decorating the house. You can follow all my home adventures on my life+style blog, Southern Belle Inspired.
A few fun facts about me:
* I'm the *pickiest* eater EVER! Seriously, I've never had a hamburger, any kind of cake or pie, or cookies. If I didn't live on french fries and chicken fingers, I'd be the skinniest person ever!
* I'm an only child
* I've never been married. In fact, they past three guys I've date have gone on to marry the next girl they dated. I'm a real life Good Luck Chuck! ha!
* If Josh Murray ever becomes the next Bachelor, I'm taking a leave of absence and auditioning for The Bachelor.
*I'm obsessed with Instagram. Follow me (msleslieann01)
* I love to read (mainly YA Fiction). I'm currently making my way through the Michael L. Printz Award Winners
* One of my goals is to become a fashion blogger...if only I could post consistently!
* I own the cutest Maltese in the world. Her name is Reese, after the amazing Reese Witherspoon.
Hope you enjoyed reading! Thanks for stopping by! :)